10 Aug Cultivate Produce Show – The Competition
Sunday 3 September | 12pm-7pm | Free entry
Cultivate Marquee, Leytonstone Street Fest, Church Lane Car Park, Leytonstone E11
The Cultivate Produce Show invites growers at all levels to enter their food growing successes and prized recipes with categories for all ages.
An appetising programme that runs throughout the afternoon from 12-7pm includes: The Cultivate Produce Show competition, expert food growing advice, cookery demos, performance, workshops and children’s area.
Enter the competition!
Everyone growing food or preparing preserved food in Waltham Forest is encouraged to enter the Cultivate Produce Show.
Bring your entries between 1pm and 3.30pm to the Cultivate Marquee.
Winners will be announced from 5pm.
• Fresh Produce Categories:
All fresh vegetables or fruit should include stalks and/or some leaf to show that they have been grown fresh from the plant.
- Best Fruit or Vegetable, Bring up to 5 examples of the same fruit or vegetable you have grown.
- Best Platter, Use a dinner plate, small tray or small chopping board to display a combination of up to 5 different home grown fruit, vegetables, herb and/or edible flowers.
- Exotic & Heritage Crops, For local growers who are growing edible plants not typically grown in this country such as citrus plants, chickpeas and pineapples. For heritage varieties of crop please bring details of the species. Bring up to 5 pieces of fruit, herb or vegetable.
• Preserved Produce Category:
Celebrating the skills to continue enjoying your edible crops throughout the year.
Entries can include: pickles, pesto, jam, jellies, fruit leathers, honey, sourdough bread.
• Young Growers Category:
This year we are especially celebrating the talent and perseverance of Waltham Forest’s young growers.
Best Fruit or Vegetable
(Guidelines for entries are as for the adult categories)
• Business Category: Are you a local Urban Food Champion?
A business or community enterprise growing, producing or selling?
Enter online in advance for the business category.
Enquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org